The Take2 Support Service is available to organisations that have purchased a licence to Take2. The service is purchased on an annual basis, commencing four weeks after the date of installation of Take2. The service is purchased annually (payable in advance) for 12 hours assistance, per site. The cost of the service will be reviewed annually in June of each year. The cost will be revised upwards or downwards on the basis of the number of Take2 users, the volume of calls to the help desk, and the modification required to the software. The Access edition support service is described below. SQL Server users have a more comprehensive service and can also subscribe to an extended support agreement that can include database administration, monthly trial SDRs, etc.
The Support Service provides two main features; on call assistance with the implementation and running of Take2, and an annual upgrade of the Take2 application.
On call assistance is provided to help you with the implementation and running of the Take2 product. The per site fee entitles you to 12 hours assistance per annum.
- You can contact the help desk at any time by pager, email or fax, and by phone between 8:30am and 5:00 pm on normal working days. You will receive a response within one working day, but normally much more promptly.
- You can ask for, and will receive, assistance on all matters relating to implementing and running Take2 such as how to use the product, how to install an update, how the product performs on your PC or network, how to create ad hoc reports and mail merges, and how to prepare Take2 returns for central agencies, etc.
- You can also ask for assistance on matters not directly relating to Take2 but which relate to the administration of students and student enrolments and records; for example you can ask about the design of enrolment forms, paper record systems, and the administrative requirements of the Ministry of Education/TEC. You will receive assistance on these matters in as much as we are able to assist you and, if appropriate, we will refer you to other sources of information.
- Your calls to the help desk will be logged and the duration recorded. You will be notified when 10 hours have elapsed within a year.
- When 12 hours have elapsed within a year your organisation will be billed monthly at an hourly rate, or part thereof, for each additional call to the help desk.
- When we respond to your call for assistance, your organisation will be asked to bear the cost of toll calls - other than where we make an initial response. Email is the preferred means of communication with the help desk.
- Please note that where data in the Take2 back-end data file is changed by a user or third party, other than through the Take2 front-end, or where the structure of the Take2 back-end data file is changed by a user or third party without Adapt IT Australasia approval, on call assistance cannot be provided in terms of this agreement and will be billed monthly at our current rate per hour, or part thereof, for each call to the help desk.
Each year in the period between November and March licenced users of Take2 who have paid an annual Help Desk fee in preceding calendar year will receive an update of the Take2 application. The upgrade will be made available to users via the Take2 Home Page at no cost. Users that wish to receive the annual upgrade on CD will be charged per CD. The upgrade will include the following:
- Modifications to accommodate changes to electronic returns required by central agencies such as the Ministry of Education/TEC and NZQA. Modifications include things such as changes to standard codes, changes to field types, the addition of individual fields to existing returns, etc. Major revisions of returns by central agencies – for example the implementation of a new funding regime – are not covered by the Help Desk agreement and will be charged for on the basis of the amount of work each revision requires.
- Modifications to make the Take2 application faster and more user-friendly. Such modifications may result from suggestions from users or from our own initiative.
- Fixes to bugs notified during the preceding year.
- Interim releases of Take2 may be made where necessary to remedy bugs. Such releases will be made available to users via the Take2 Home Page at no cost. Users that wish to receive interim releases on CD will be charged per CD.
Adapt IT Australasia Limited. All rights reserved.